Friday, June 4

starting monday...

Back in January, I declared my resolutions for 2004. I even put up some little trackers to show progress. When I changed the template for the blog, all of the links and stuff in the sidebar disappeared. And, unfortunately, I had not backed up the old blog template. So, I've been very slow to put my resolutions back in the sidebar as to not remind myself of my failures. Well, that's going to change!

I will be re-creating the sidebar...And re-doubling my efforts. The most effort will be put to loosing weight. I keep talking about wanting to be a little more fit but never get on a true regimen. Well, this time I've got a plan. I recently got a copy of the South Beach Diet. I know what you're thinking...gimmick! But, it will be my first try at a real diet plan. I have read the book and it makes a good case for why it works. At first read, the eating plan is similar to what I have now. The big differences in the first phase: (1) more dairy, (2) no fruit, and (3) no starches with meals. But, in 2 weeks I'll be able to add some back.

I have a pretty arbitrary goal in mind. I want to loose 10 pounds or 10%, which ever is more reasonable. That will put be back to the weight I was when I graduated college. This weekend, I will be doing a lot of grocery shopping, and Monday morning I will be posting my start and goal weight. Wish me luck!

No comments: