Thursday, June 17

phase 1, day 11...

I weighed in again this morning. I'm down another 1.5lbs, to 136.5! It feels like the weight is coming off pretty consistently. And, I'm pretty happy being down 5lbs in eleven days. I can tell that my stomach is a little less full/bloated looking. But, I still need to start some kind of exercise regimen to pull everything together, if you would.

I have a couple of bumps in the road ahead that could set me back. First is father's day this Sunday. I think we're going to be eating at my parents' house, probably a bbq. That's a good thing since I'll be able to put veggies on the grill as a side instead of pasta or potato salad. The bad thing is that there will be dessert -- I might even be bringing dessert. So, my goal will be to have just a taste of whatever sweets there are without completely pigging out.

The next bump will be at work next Thursday. My office supervisors are going to bring in lunch for the department and cake to celebrate a co-worker's leaving. So far, they are talking about bringing in barbecue from a local joint. I'm not sure what will really happen...

So, I'm trying to plan for this ahead of time. At this point I still have cravings for things like pasta and bread, but not sweets. I think I'm going to keep myself on Phase 1 for an extra week. Perhaps this will make me better able to deal with these two events.

No comments: