Monday, July 19

baby steps...

My BF and I went to a homebuying fair over the weekend. I have been thinking of getting my own home/condo for a little over a year now. Pretty much since we moved in together. It was at that point that I realized that I hadn't really been able to decorate my own dwelling the way that I want. My last apartment had cinderblock walls that and I never put in the effort to drill anchors to hang things. In our current apartment, the landlord has made it clear that he doesn't want us to paint (even though he didn't even clean the place before we moved in).

BF has been scared by the fact that I want to buy a place. He thinks that there is no way that we could afford it. He also has grandiose dreams of moving out of the DC area. Well, the fair settled a lot of that. Even though I've been telling him a lot of good information, he never fully believed me. Well, hearing it from an impartial source has sealed the deal. Also, we both got our credit scores and his wasn't as "bad" as he thought. Actually, his score is pretty good!

So, once we get back from out trip to Florida, we're going to really get this ball rolling!

No comments: