Monday, December 1

home alone

I've had the whole apartment to myself since last Wednesday and it's been great! BF went home to visit his dad for Thanksgiving and I've been on my own. I got so much done too. I was able to finish hanging the icicle christmas lights in our hallway. It's a lot longer than I thought it was. I even had to go out and buy another string to finish the job. We've been in the apartment for about 6 months now and this is the first real decoration that has been put up. I'm going to leave these up year-round. I also went and bought more stuff for our tree...The thought right now is to buy as much stuff as possible so BF can't say no to getting one!

It was also a great week. I started the scarf for my cousin. Since I was going over to my parents' house I couldn't bring the sweater that I'm making for mom. So, I whipped out the black wool yarn from my stash (inherited from a co-worker whose mother had been hoarding the stuff since he was a boy). I looks like I'm going to have enough for the scarf, hopefully about 7-feet long. Then I'm going to buy more yarn to make the hat and warmers. I chose a Honeycomb stitch that looks kind of like this:



And, I think that I'm going to design the hat to have the same detail that the brim then stockinette for the rest. The arm warmers, I'm going to make using the latest Interweave article with the Honeycomb detail at the openings.

Last night I joined my Mom's SSC. I know it won't be long now. This will be my project to work on at home...I'm aiming to have it done before this weekend!

No comments: