Tuesday, December 9

dentist visit

There's one thing that you should know about me...most things are all-or-nothing in my eyes. I've neglected my teeth for the last few years. I either didn't have dental insurance, or the time off of work to go to the dentist. Well, for the first time in a long time, I have both. And, ever since the accident, I've been really focused on my teeth. Nothing else matters as much as becoming comfortable with my smile again.

So, yesterday I had a good ol' fashioned dental check up. Most people hate going to the dentist. Me, I'm kind of indifferent. I kind of like the feeling of someone cleaning my teeth and reaching all of the spots that I just can't get at very well. I had a few spots of really bad tartar build up between my lower front teeth -- they call it calculus for some reason. Anyway, this isn't the first time I've had this build up even though I brush and floss daily. For some reason I just can't take care of this myself. But, in a matter of minutes, the dentist had it out.

They only bad news is that my dentist says I need 3 fillings. She wants to take out 2 that I've had since high school and re-fill them. And, she wants fill a hole in a cracked tooth...cracked by the tongue ring I used to wear, not the bike accident. So, I'm going back on Saturday so I can get it in before the end of the year.

No comments: