Thursday, December 18

One more week!

Just 7 days! I've been working overtime trying to get my cousin's gifts finished. Would you believe I finished a hat in about a day? I had cast on for the thing on Monday night, and got about 2 inches into it when I realized it looked way to small for an adult head. So, Tuesday morning I frogged the honeycomb band and started over. I added a knitting session at lunch yesterday and was able to finish it that night on the bus ride home! (I hope to get a picture of the finished hat tonight).

Once the hat was finished, I cast on for the first of the arm warmers. I'm going to used the general pattern form the latest Interweave, adding the honeycomb pattern to the openings. I've already worked about 4 inches. I'm going to make them slightly longer than suggested in the pattern, maybe 8 inches instead of 6.

I now know what I want my BF to give me for Christmas...at least one part. I want to get a manicure! Maybe on the 30th, so my tips will still be nice for New Year's Eve. And, that way maybe I'll be able to resist knitting and give my poor hands a rest. The drawback to this plan is that I wouldn't be able to knit on the bus trip to NYC.

No comments: