Friday, December 12

everything's coming up...paperwhites

That's right...All of a sudden things seem to be taking off. The first two sets of bulbs that I set up have nice sized shoots coming out of the bulbs. They look to be about 2 inches tall as of yesterday afternoon. I think the little desk lamp that I set up above them is really helping. The lamp doesn't give off very good light, but I think it probably helps to keep the area a little warmer. For now, I'm leaving it on from the time I get up in the morning until I go to sleep at night. I'll be happy as long as the plants I want to give my Mom and Aunt are close to blooming at Christmas.

The best looking ones are the second sets that I put together. I did one in a small glass vase...probably the one I'll keep for myself. This is the only one I did in a clear container and what I like is the fact that you can see the roots growing. If only there was a way to get more vases like these and transfer some of the other ones over. My second favorite is a group of 4 that I put into a small ceramic planter. That on has soil at the bottom with some decorative glass pebbles on top. I will most likely decorate the planter with ribbon and give this one to my BF's sister.

No comments: