Wednesday, January 28

digging out...

Today is the first whole work day of my week. It snowed on Sunday night/Monday morning and the gov't in DC decided to give the option of "unscheduled leave." Originally I was going to get off my ass and go to work (albeit a little late), then my BF came home. It seems that the guy he's working with now drove all the way into the city and was so frustrated that he didn't want to work. So, the two of us had the day at home together...It wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

But, I did get some knitting done. I cast on for one of the sleeves for Marsha, thinking that it would be quick. Well, after about 8 inches I was bored. The sleeves are straight, with no increases or decreases after the first 20 rows. So, I decided to put that aside and work the front sections instead. I'll probably make those my bus project. I'm zipping through the front left and will hopefully get it done by the end of the week. This sweater is coming along and all I need to do is figure out how to block it. I think the pieces are going to be bigger than the other projects I've done in the past.

No comments: