Friday, October 31

knitting right along...

Last night I joined the sleeves to the body of SSC. It's the only thing I dislike about knitting sweaters with raglan sleeves. For about the first four rows I always struggle to knit the stitches of the sleeves. But, it should be smooth sailing from now on. I think I'll be able to have a quite morning tomorrow and work the rest of the yoke...ah, wishful thinking!

I need to give huge props to Denise! I got these a few months ago and I think they've already paid form themselves. They've especially been a help with SSC. I haven't had to fumble around with stitch holders or try to figure out how to move one set of stitches from one circular to another...I just move the needle point from one cable to another. A godsend in the joining process last night. It also saved me having to go out an buy more double point needles as well. The patter says that you should knit the entire sleeve using dpns...Instead I used the magic loop technique. The only drawback is that the cable for the Denise system is much thicker than traditional circular needles so it takes a little more effort to keep stitches spread out. And, like I said, the best part was that one I had finished on sleeve, I didn't have to move it to stitch holders. I just exchanged the needles for the round holder ends and then started the 2nd sleeve with another cable!

No comments: