Thursday, October 16

asleep @ the wheel

There's just one thing I hate about weeks when you get Monday off...It throws the whole week off. I woke up this morning thinking it was wednesday. And, of course, it's not! Somehow, I've gone through most of the week on autopilot. I've gotten very little done and need to fix the situation quickly.

So, let's get the ball rolling...I am done with all ribbed up. I turned out pretty well, but it feels a little loose. I was expecting it to be a little more fitted, but I think the vertical ribs make it too heavy. I'm going to give it a few wearings and then decide whether it would be worth my while to send it to the pond, the frog pond that is. The ribbon yarn that it's made of is very nice but snags a lot. I will probably just live with it as is.

I'm well on my way with SSC. The design is simple and great taking with you. I've been able to get a good amount done while riding the bus to and from work. I know I'll be able to work the body and the sleeves on the bus, but once I join all the pieces, I'll probably do the yoke at home. Carrying a whole sweater get cumbersome after a while. If this one comes out well, I already have the yarn to make one for my mom and that will become her x-mas present.

No comments: