Wednesday, September 3

Giving Denise a try...

Today I ordered the Denise Interchangeable Needle system in response to the "mishap" I had over the weekend. Realizing that no work can be done until I buy the needles I had set out for, but failed to procure...I figured I'd take this item off of my "stuff I want" list. I found someone on eBay who is selling the kit for $42 w/ free shipping. Figuring that the four sizes of circular needles I would have bought would average $6 a piece, that's $24...already half the cost of Denise. Not to mention, I may never have to schlep to suburbia just to buy needles.

I have also ordered an extra skein of ggh Capri so I can finish Red, Red Wine. I am already finished with the front and have used more than half of the yarn. Thankfully, The Knitting Garden still had a few skeins available. With these two purchases, hopefully I'll be back in business early next week.

To hold me over, I'm going to try to finish a scarf that I've had on my needles for the past month. It's a pattern from last winter's Vogue Knitting. Instead of mohair, I'm making it in a cotton blend. It's not really going to be to keep the neck warm...I'm making it more as another random accessory to wear.

This weekend, I'm working on pictures. (I mean it this time.)

No comments: