Tuesday, July 1

Alright...for all you local kids who have been here for a while. You may already know about Fort Reno and their free shows on Monday and Thursday nights during summer. But for those who don't check it out. Last night I went to my first show of this season. I saw Antelope, Dame Fate and Trans Am...a true crowd pleaser! Now they had mentioned that this was the 10th anniversary of them playing Fort Reno. Gee, I remember their first show there.

And, that brings me to my point. Somehow, this hangout that is associated with my immature high school days is still, by far one of best places to see a free show in DC. The crowd usually gets into the band...whether they've heard of them or not. Unfortunately, every year there's a threat to discontinue this concert series. So, check out their schedule, go to a show, and buy a shirt! It helps them raise money and they're pretty cool.

On the knitting front...I'm half way down the 2nd piece of the skirt. I'm going to make a point of getting the picture situation worked out this weekend. And I think I'm going to start on the Straight Neck Pullover from Hollywood Knits.

No comments: