Tuesday, July 29

One more thing...I'm living in a neighborhood that is "up and coming." Over half of the houses on my block are currently being renovated. But, around the corner and down a block things look a little different. When Andrew and I first looked at our place the biggest concern was whether I feel safe or not. We decided to take the place even though we knew that there are often people hanging out in the streets by the Section 8 housing units.

Well, things were just dandy until yesterday. Just after I got home we heard sirens screaming close by and saw emergency vehicles tearing up our block. Later, I came to find out that 4 men were shot in a drive by. One of them died. So, just as I was getting comfortable, I've got a wake up call. My neighborhood isn't perfect...I'm not moving anywhere, but I will have to keep my wits about me.

No comments: