Friday, June 27

Friday...and I'm ready for the weekend. The Smithsonian Folklife Festival started this week and so far, it's the coolest thing happening in this town. I'll probably be hanging out on the mall this weekend. The best part is the music...and it's all FREE! That means that I can continue to live on my meager gov't wages and be highly entertained!

I'm trying to make plans for the 4th...a holiday that I feel is almost as disappointing as New Year's Eve. It's usually really fucking hot here. So the day goes like this: Get up to an oppressive heat; Stuff your face full of greasy hamburger/hot dogs/whatever you can throw on the grill; go down to the mall, where there are more people than you care to see; wait for fireworks under oppressive heat; watch fireworks; 15 minutes later fight with crowd to get of the mall as fast as possible. This year was supposed to be different...but the cabin I was supposed to go out to was flooded out due to all of the rain that we had been getting up until this week. Oh well...I'll figure something out.

And for a knitting update. I have started the 2nd half and there's a chance that I'll be wearing the skirt by next week. I have been super lazy when it comes to putting up some pix. I will at very least put up pix of the final product.

No comments: