Tuesday, July 8

Okay, so I've determined where I can host some pictures without spending an arm and a leg. So, I should be ready to post some pix this week...of course that's if I can get my washer fixed and finish Eyelet...Here's the story:

Andrew had left a pen in his laundry a little over a week ago. It got all over the inside of my dryer...causing me to "loose my shit" and get into a fight. After the happy resolution, Andrew told me that he would clean the inside of the dryer and always check his pockets before doing laundry. So, Sunday afternoon he went to work cleaning the dryer. (In case this happens to you, nail polish remover is the best cleaner for the job). Once he was done, we got to work on minimizing the laundry pile. Well, once it was time to put the first load in the dryer we found that the dryer was not working. It seems that maybe Andrew had been turning it the opposite direction that it usually spins in and the belt that cuases it to spin had somehow come undone. The damn thing wouldn't spin...it got super hot...but no spin.

Andrew, being the guyly-guy that he is decided to take it into his own hands and fix the machine. He pulled it out and took the sides/back off and went to work trying to fix the errant belt. After about 2 hours or cussing and banging, he said uncle and put everything back together and called our landlord (LL). LL told told us to call Sears and get an estimate. Depending on how much it would cost to fix the old washer/dryer, he might consider buying a new one. Yesterday, when I got home Andrew told me that LL had given him the wrong number so couldn't schedule someone to look at the dryer. He told me he was worried that we'd have to pay for the repairman so decided that he wanted to try one more time at fixing the damn thing himself...two hours later, still no dryer. Andrew calls LL again. LL says he will come by and take a look at the washer/dryer. Hope I can do laundry soon!

In the meanwhile, I'm trying to work out a concept for a poncho. In the Spring I had gone to NYC and saw a Brooklyn Handknits poncho in Williamsburg. It was super-soft and very cool looking. Unfortunately, I couldn't handle the pricetag. Well, ever since I've wanted that poncho...not that I'm 100% confident that I could pull the look off. So, I've bought some really soft merino wool in a Plum color. The yarn is very light so I'm going to be doubling it. All I'm trying to decide now is how to make the poncho either in 2 rectangles sewn together, or as one piece done in the round. I'm leaning toward option 1 because that's how the Brooklyn Handknits piece was made.

No comments: