Monday, May 3

i'm back...

California was great. We had perfect weather and some great company. It had been 3 years since I had seen Katie or Maya. And, it was great. My friend Bartek also joined us from Chicago. It was just so cool to catch up with everybody...It wasn't so cool to pile so many people into Katie's apartment but it got the job done! (Thanks again Katie).

The highlight of the trip, of course, was the trip to Napa. We didn't take any of the vineyard tours, but we did tastings at V. Sattui, Peju, Silver Oak, and Stags' Leap. It was all beautiful. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to retire and spend my twilight years as a wine pourer in Napa. My BF and I brought back 10 bottles. Of course some of those are gifts, but half will be for just us. They are all labels that aren't sold outside of wine country, so it was worth lugging them back.

I wish I could tell you that we did a lot of cool group activities, but it's not true. We did a lot of walking around. And SF is such a cool place to walk through. We saw the Haight, Mission, Embacadero, and Fisherman's Wharf. Not to mention dim sum in Chinatown; a jaunt through North Beach - including dropping in at City Lights and a hike up to Coit Tower to overlook the bay and Alcatraz. Plus, time in the East Bay and Berkeley. It was a ton of fun!

No comments: