Tuesday, May 11

mixed emotions...

Earlier this week, I got a friendster request from someone out of my past. At first, I really didn't know what to think. This person was one of my closest friend during high school. And at a point, I thought my family was ready to adopt her. (Long story short, her father was moving out of the country and she didn't want to go). When I started college, we stayed in touch and would try to see each other when I was home for breaks. The following year, she started college and that's when things really changed. I think I only saw her once after she went to school, even though she was in B'more. And, that one time was weird. It was bizarro.

Anyway, we fell completely out of touch. Part of me was bitter about the whole thing. I didn't know if I had offended. And if I had, I wished that she had confronted me about it at the time. So, after all of these years, she looked me up. At first that little bit of bitterness peeped it's head. But, then I realized that it really didn't matter. When it comes down to it, I can't dwell in the past.

No comments: