Friday, November 7

done and done!

That's right Sitcom Chic has been completed. I finished the knitting Monday. Then I blocked it and wove in the loose ends Wednesday. I'm even giving it a Friday debut...

I had a few parts where it got hard, but I was able to recover. (1) I had to rip about 10 rows after joining the sleeves to the body after I noticed that I had somehow "created" an extra stitch. I tried to go back and just fix the area around the problem but every row I unraveled to fix the stitch made the problem worse. The only thing I could think was that I had somehow picked SSC up and started knitting in the wrong direction. (2) My decreases after the 2nd set of garter stitch ridges wasn't the same. So, one sleeve left more stitches than the other once I finished the neck shaping. No would ever notice unless I mentioned it, so I decided to just leave it.

No comments: