Wednesday, November 12

Already half way

So it's Wednesday and I realized that I haven't been to my blog since last week! Well, it's been kind of a weird week. I had the day off yesterday...Veteran's Day. It was very odd going to work for one day then having a day off.

I made some progress on Mom's SSC...I'm done with the 1st sleeve and just cast on the second last night. The sleeves are perfect for taking on the bus. They aren't big and bulky and I don't have to worry about whether I keep elbowing the person next to me. The first one only took three weeks to finish. I'm hoping to make the same speed, if not better. If I can get SSC done by thanksgiving weekend, I should have enough time to concentrate on the rest of the gifts I want to make for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas gifts. The one thing I want to make is a hat/scarf/ armwarmer set for my cousin. She's a freshman in State College and I want to make her something different...you know, not too gap/urban outfitters. So, I'm planning on going into my stash. I have some wool (inherited from a coworker) and some mohair (left over from a scarf I made last year), which I'm going to knit together. The only problem is that I don't really know how much of each I have. I might not have enough to make all three pieces. So the question is, where do I start. I'm certain I could squeeze out the hat & warmers...but I don't know if I can make all three. Or, so I start with the scarf since it's the longest piece? I would just hat to start making one of the warmers and run out then try to match the black! at the same time I want to buy as little new yarn as possible.

No comments: