Friday, February 18

ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

I found out that Lucky went home with his owner on Wednesday. The Humane Society worked with the owner to make sure Lucky wouldn't get out of the house again. Once I heard that I was really happy to hear it and knew that the people running the shelter really cared for the animals that came in...And, I was ready to go back down and look at the cats they had available.

So, that's what my BF and I did yesterday afternoon. Some of the same cats that we saw on Sunday were still available, but there were also some "new recruits." We played with three young cats (between 4 and 8 months). In the end I chose "Dizzy" a 7-month old grey, tiger-striped cat. When we walked into the first room, she was the first cat to get up and say hello. And, when I held her she was very calm.

The shelter is going to send her to their spay/neuter clinic today, and we will be able to pick her up on Saturday! So, today I'm going to be running to the pet store to buy all the supplies she'll need.

No comments: