Friday, February 25

the joy of kitten...

I picked up the cat formerly known as "Dizzy" on Wednesday evening. The shelter wasn't open to the public but they allow people to pick up adopted pets. They gave me a packet of information and her clean bill of health. The person working the desk took our carrier back and loaded her up. When he came back up front, you could see she was very alert and looking around at everything.

The car ride home was quiet, but I could tell that she was turning around in the carrier and sniffing around. When we got her home, we brought her into our smaller bedroom/workroom that had been cleaned up and set with everything she might need. A lot of people told me that she would probably hide out in a corner somewhere. It brought back memories of when my old roommate Maya got a cat in college. As I recall, Mitzie hid under Rob's bed for several days...I don't remember seeing her the first time for about a week.

Well, we opened the carrier and "Dizzy" just went around the room sniffing everything...including my BF and I. We just sat down and watched her for a bit. Within minutes, so was already jumping onto tables and furniture. Let's just say she's not timid!

So far I'm really impressed by how friendly she is. We even invited the neighbors (Amanda and Josh) down to take a look at her. She didn't even make a fuss when Amanda picked her up.

I know it's only been two days, but I'm already glad we got a cat. Now, all I have to do is pick a new name. It's not that I don't think "Dizzy" is a good name. I just want to name her myself. And, I figure she never answers when I call "Dizzy" so there's no harm done.

No comments: